By using the Threshold Achievement Test for Information Literacy, you agree to the following:
- You have the authority and permission of your institution to engage the testing services of Association of College and Research Libraries.
- You agree to make payment for all testing you complete.
- You will use the material supplied on the Threshold Achievement web site, including all instructions and tutorials, to implement the test
at your institution. The Threshold Achievement team will usually respond to requests for further information or assistance within two to five business days.
- You agree to complete the forms and other information on the Threshold Achievement web site accurately and as instructed.
- You have reviewed and understand the Threshold Achievement testing calendar and are aware of the important session dates.
- You will ensure that only students at your institution have access to login information (the Test and Student Keys) provided to you for test access.
- The test questions are intended for internal use at your institution. You will not distribute the test questions beyond your institution or
make them available to external users. You will not allow students at your institution to copy the test questions.
- All data collected through the use of the test belongs to Association of College and Research Libraries. You will not have access to that data except in the form of the
standard results files, which are available to you after your payment is received. Association of College and Research Libraries grants your institution an unlimited license to use the data and
reports that you receive in any manner you choose, except that you may not share the test questions (see #7 above).
- Association of College and Research Libraries has the right to use test and demographic data for research and publication purposes. Test data will not be connected to any
particular test-taker or institution. No institution will be individually identified in any reporting of test results.
- Association of College and Research Libraries will provide aggregated demographic data about each institution in the test reports provided to institutions.
- Association of College and Research Libraries will provide you a report of your institution's performance on the test as PDF and spreadsheet documents.
- If you choose to collect identifying information about students taking the test, you will keep that information private and not share it with
Association of College and Research Libraries
- Your testing results will not be available for download until payment is received by Association of College and Research Libraries.
- The Threshold Achievement Test and all other Threshold Achievement materials are owned by Association of College and Research Libraries. All material on the
Threshold Achievement web site, including the test, is copyright protected. All rights are reserved. No part of this site or material may be reproduced or
transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without express written permission from the copyright owner.
Learn How the Test was Developed