The development of the Threshold Achievement Test of Information Literacy relies on robust evaluation of the test items. You are invited to participate in this process.
Four modules will be field tested: Evaluating Process & Authority, Strategic Searching, Research & Scholarship, and The Value of Information. Each module will be tested in two phases:
- Phase I: First round testing of each module allowed us to collect information that we used to analyze the performance, reliability, and difficulty of each test item. All modules have completed Phase I testing.
- Phase II: Second round testing of each module allows us to verify that changes made following Phase I were effective. A complete report with cross-institutional scores and individual student reports will be available. Modules 1 and 2, Evaluating Process & Authority and Strategic Searching, have completed Phase II testing. Modules 3 and 4, Research & Scholarship and The Value of Information, will begin Phase II testing once the information collected from their Phase I testing has been analyzed.
Here are some key facts about the field test:
- There is no fee to participate.
- All testing for this round must be completed before June 1, 2017. Another round of testing will begin in August 2017.
- Each participating institution should have 20 or more students take the test.
- We will be seeking feedback on the entire testing process from participating institutions at the end of each phase.
To show our appreciation for your participation in field testing TATIL, we are offering you a steep discount on your future TATIL testing. For each student that completes a field test, you will get 50% off a future student’s testing during the introductory period. For example, if you have 100 students complete Module 4 during the field testing period, the first 100 students who complete ANY production module will be billed at half-price. Our introductory price is $6.00/student, so the 100 students would be billed at only $3.00/student. We expect Modules 1 and 2 to be in production beginning Summer 2017 and Modules 3 and 4 to be in production in 2018.
We will be asking a large number of institutions to take part in the field test. If you can recruit other institutions to help, we would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you very much for your support of the development of the Threshold Achievement Test for Information Literacy!
Step one: Read the Tutorial
Before deciding to participate, you should read our online Tutorial. The Tutorial will give you an idea of how the Threshold Achievement test is set up and administered.
Step two: Registration
Registration is an easy process requiring only a few minutes of your time. Go to the Registration page. Register your institution and yourself. You will receive an email message with your initial password.
Step three: Setting up a test
Sign in to the web site by entering your email address and the initial password you received. After you have saved your new password, click the Add icon in the Tests section of the Manager Dashboard to set up a new test.
When you are satisfied with your settings, click the Start icon. You have one more chance to review your settings, then scroll down and click the Start Testing button.
Step four: Giving the test
From the Manager Dashboard, click the Key icon to generate Student Keys. Each of your students will need the Test Key and a Student Key to login to the test.
Once all your testing is complete, sign in to your Manager Dashboard and click the Stop icon. You will not be charged for this test, so there is no need to arrange payment.
Step five: Download your report
We will notify you by email when your report is ready. At that time, you can sign in to your Manager Dashboard and click the Download icon to download the report to your computer. Please note that both the test and the report are being field tested during this phase. Therefore your report should not be used for decision-making purposes.